Vol 8 (2020): Educational and Psychological Conference in the 4.0 era
Articles

The Influence of Adversity Quotient on Anxiety in Final Year Students of the Department of Architecture Engineering Sam Ratulagi University Manado
Pengaruh Adversity Quotient Terhadap Kecemasan Pada Mahasiswa Tingkat Aakhir Jurusan Teknik Arsitektur Universitas Sam Ratulagi Manado


Rachman Febrianto
Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya, Indonesia
Meike E. Hartati
Universitas Negeri Manado, Indonesia
Published June 18, 2020
Keywords
  • adversity quotient,
  • anxiety
How to Cite
Febrianto, R., & Hartati , M. E. (2020). The Influence of Adversity Quotient on Anxiety in Final Year Students of the Department of Architecture Engineering Sam Ratulagi University Manado. Proceeding of The ICECRS, 8. https://doi.org/10.21070/icecrs2020437

Abstract

This study aims to determine the effect of adversity quotient on the anxiety of final year students who are preparing their final project. This study uses quantitative methods and this type of research is a simple linear regression research that aims to determine the effect of independent variables on the dependent variable, while the one that will be examined is the effect of adversity quotient on anxiety in students in the preparation of the final project at the Department of Architecture, Sam Ratulangi University, Manado. Characteristics of the sample are students of the Department of Architecture, Sam Ratulangi University, Manado, who have contracted a final assignment course, which consists of class of 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. The sampling technique used in this study is saturated sampling. The magnitude of the effect of adversity quotient on student anxiety can be seen from the r value of 0.979 with the coefficient of determination r2 = 0.958. This means that there is an effect of adversity quotient on student anxiety with the influence of the independent variable (X) of 95.8% on student anxiety and the remaining 4.2% is influenced by other factors. Based on this fact, it can be said that the adversity quotient does have a role or influence on reducing anxiety in students who are doing the final project.

References

  1. Ali, Lukman, “Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia”. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka. 1991.
  2. Hurlock, E. B, “Psikologi Perkembangan Suatu Pendekatan Sepanjang Rentang Kehidupan”, Edisi 5. Jakarta: Erlangga, 1980.
  3. Sugandhi, “Perkembangan Peserta Didik”. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada. 2011.
  4. Rochman, Kholil Lur, “Kesehatan Mental”. Purwokerto: Fajar Media Press, 2010.
  5. Linayaningsih, Fitria, “Kecemasan Pada Mahasiswa Fakultas Psikologi Universitas Katolik Soegijapranata Dalam Mengerjakan Skripsi”. 2007. [Online]
  6. Scarfi, Fika, “Pengaruh Self Efficacy Dan Dukungan Sosial Terhadap Tingkat Stres Pada Mahasiswa Tingkat Akhir Universitas Andalas Dalam Menyelesaikan Skripsi”. Diploma Thesis, Universitas Andalas. 2014.
  7. Stoltz, G. P, “Adversity Quotient: Mengubah Hambatan Menjadi Peluang”. Alih Bahsa: Hermaya T. Jakarta: PT Grasindo. 2000
  8. Ardiansyah, M. R, “Hubungan Antara Adversity Quotient Dengan Kecemasan Menghadapi Skripsi Pada Mahasiswa Program Studi Psikologi”. Skripsi. Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Humaniora, UIN Sunan KalijagaYogyakarta. 2011 (Tidak Diterbitkan)
  9. Puspitasari, R. T, “Adversity Quotient dengan Kecemasan Mengerjakan Skripsi pada Mahasiswa”. Jurnal Online Psikologi, Vol 01, No 02, 299 - 310. 2013.