Effects of Positive Strengthening on the Crying, Anger, and Jumping Behavior of Autistic Children in Surabaya Private Schools Pengaruh Penguatan Positif terhadap Perilaku Menangis, Marah, dan Melompat Anak Autis di Sekolah Swasta Surabaya
Copyright (c) 2020 Yohana Agatha Christina Ongkowidjojo , Herlan Praktikto
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This study aims to determine the effect of the use of behavior therapy with behavioristic methods for behavior disorders of children with autism. These behavioral disorders in the form of angry, crying, jumping behavior that appears when attending lessons at school. This research is an experimental type research. The method used is an experimental method with a single research subject or Single Subject Research (SSR). The research design used is Within Subject Design. The subject of the study was a 3-year-old boy in a private school in Surabaya. Data collection techniques through observation checklist of autistic children's behavior, and observation. The results of the analysis show that there is a positive influence on the use of behavioral therapy with positive reinforcement methods for autistic children's behavior disorders in the form of angry, crying and jumping behaviors. The behavior decreased after being given behavioristic therapy (Operant Conditioning) by giving positive reinforcement in the form of praise and hugs. Positive reinforcement is given as a reward each time after the subject has targeted the behavior. The target behavior is angry, crying and jumping when in class. The behavior decreases when the child comes to school to take lessons in class.
- Rahayu, S. M. (2014). Deteksi dan intervensi dini pada anak autis. Jurnal Pendidikan Anak 3(1). 420-428
- Hayes, R.G et al. (2010). Interactive visual supports for children with autism. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities, 14, 663-680.
- Handoyo Y., (2003), Autisma: Petunjuk Praktis dan Pedoman Materi untuk Mengajar Anak Normal,Autis dan Perilaku Lain, Cetakan kedua, PT. Bhuana Ilmu Populer, Jakarta.
- Davidson, G. C., Neale, J. M., & Kring, A. M. (2014). Psikologi Abnormal. (pentrj. Noermalasari Fajar). (8ed) Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
- Kazdin, A.E. (2013). Behavior Modification in Applied Settings (7thed.). Illinois: Waveland Press.
- Henderson, K. (2006). Teaching Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Instructional Strategies and Practices. U.S Department of Education