Relationship between Emotional Intelligence with Verbal Aggressiveness in Street Children. Hubungan Antara Kecerdasan Emosional dengan Agresivitas Verbal pada Anak Jalanan.
- emotional intelligence,
- verbal aggressiveness,
- street children
Copyright (c) 2020 Eka Yulianty Wulandary
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Verbal aggressiveness is a behavior that has a purpose to hurt other people’s feeling by saying harsh words, insulting, mocking, and threatening someone. Factor that underlie the emergence of verbal aggressiveness in street children, one of them is emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is ability to control oneself, have endurance when faced with a problem,self motivated, able to set the meed, ability to empathize and build relationships with others. The research mainly happen to understand relation between emotional intelligence and verbal aggressiveness in street children. This research method using quantitative approach. Subjects are picked by Incidental sampling techniques and involving 40 street children. Emotional intelligence scale is picked as collecting tool and also verbal aggressiveness scale. Data analysis uses Shpearman’s Rho technique. The result on Shpearman’s Rho correlation technique shows correlation (r) = -0,721 at a significant level (p) = 0,000 (p<0,05). The conclusion is there is a negative and significant correlation of the relationship between emotional intelligence with verbal aggressiveness in street children. So, if someone has low emotional intelligence, then verbal aggressiveness will be high.
- Suyanto, B. (2010), Masalah Sosial Anak. Jakarta : Kencana (Pranada Media Group)
- Podungge, F. (2014), Agresivitas Mahasiswa Suku Madura, Minang, Gorontalo, dan Jawa di Malang. Undergraduate Thesis. Universitas Maulana Malik Ibrahim.
- Goleman, D. (2000), Emotional Intelligence. Jakarta : PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama
- Kamil, B.A. (2016), Hubungan Kematangan Emosi dengan Perilaku Agresi Verbal Saat Masa Pramenstruasi Syndrom Pada Siswa Kelas 1 SMAN 2 Banjarmasin. Skripsi. Surabaya : Fakultas Psikologi Universitas 17 Agustus 1945
- Tentama, F. (2012), Perilaku Anak Agresif : Asesmen dan Intervensinya. Jurnal Psikologi, Vol. 6, No. 2, hal. 162-232. Juni 2012
- Saptoto, R. (2010), Hubungan Kecerdasan Emosio dengan Kemampuan Coping Adaptif. Jurnal Psikologi, Vol. 37, No. 1, Juni 2010