- Borrowing Word,
- Loan Shift,
Copyright (c) 2020 Mauliya Avivi , Ramadhani Qonitah Mursyida
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This research aims to identify and classify the types of borrowing word in Indonesian advertisement of Gatsby Styling Pomade. Qualitative method is used to analyze and identify the data which consists of borrowing words. The result of this study shows that two types of borrowing word are discovered encompassing loanword and loan shift. There are six words which are discovered as part of borrowing word in this study. Therefore, the most dominant type of borrowing word in this study are both loanword and loan shift.
- Sagimin. (2016). An analysis of English borrowing words in Podomoro housing and property advertisement magazine. Proceeding. IICLLTLC-2. Universitas Pamulang
- Jendra, I. (2012). Sociolinguistics the study of societies’ languages. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu
- Holmes, J. (2013). An Introduction to sociolinguistics (4th Ed.). London and New York: Routledge
- Haspelmath, M. U. T. (2009). Loanwords in the world's languages a comparative handbook. Berlin: De Gruyter Mouton
- Winarto, A. B. (2013). Borrowing words in newspaper seputar Indonesiadesember 2009. Al-Turas. Vol XIX. No. 1
- Haugen, E. I. (1950). The ecology of language. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Creswell, J. W. (2007) Qualitative Inquiry & Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Crowl, T. K. (1996). Fundamentals of educational research second edition. United States: Brown & Benchmark.