- GIST Strategy,
- Reading Comprehension,
- Descriptive Text
Copyright (c) 2021 Kusmaning Ayu Dewi Renjani, Ermawati Z Nuroh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of this study to find out whether there is a significant effect of GIST strategy to teach reading comprehension in descriptive text of seven grade students. This study uses quantitative method. The study usedtrue experimental which took two classes randomly, VII I as experimental class and VII H as control class. The instrument used a test. The result showed from a mean of the pretest in experimental class is 75.13 and posttest is 86.94. The researchers used the ttest formula to calculate the results of the data and hypothesis. The result of tvalue is higher than a ttable,ttest is 3.415 higher than ttable 1.994 with degree freedom 70 and level significance 5%. It means that the Ha is accepted and H0is rejected. The concluded there is a significant effect of GIST strategy to teach reading comprehension of seven grade students at SMPN 4 Sidoarjo.
- Depdiknas, Kurikulum 2013 Standart Kompetensi Mata Pelajaran Bahasa Inggris. Jakarta: Depdiknas, 2013.
- V. Nuroh, E.Z and Mandarani, “No Title,” Use Coop. Learn. Trough TAI (Team Assist. Individ. Read. Compr., vol. 3, no. Journal of Linguistic and English Teaching, pp. 198–205, 2018.
- J.A.D Brown, Language Assesment Principles and Classroom Practice. California: Pearson Education, 2004.
- J. K. Klinger, Teaching Reading Comprehension to Students with Learning Difficulties. New York: The Guilford Press, 2007.
- L. Rochmawati, “The Effect of GIST (Generating Interactions between Schemata and Text) Strategy in Teaching Reading Comprehension Skill of the Eight Grade Students at SMPN 3 Sidoarjo,” no. Thesis, 2017.
- M. Herrel, L.A - Jordan, 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learner, Third Edit. Columbus, 2012.
- National Behaviour Support Service, “Get the GIST Reading and Learning Strategy After Reading Strategy,” GIST Strateg., 2006.
- M. Bouchard, Comprehension Strategies for English Language Learners. New York: Scholastic Inc, 2005.
- P. Gerot, Linda and Wignell, Making Sense of Functional Grammar. Sydney: Gerd Stabler, 1994.
- Sugiyono, Metode Penelitian Pendidikan : Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitataif, R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta, 2015.