- Error Analysis,
- Descriptive Text
Copyright (c) 2021 Thalia Hafitsa Mulya, Dian Novita
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The aimed of this study to identify the error in writing descriptive text made by the tenth grade students of SMK Antartika 1 Sidoarjo. The researcher utilizes quantitative research method. The population of this study is the tenth grade students of SMK Antartika 1 Sidoarjo. The researcher uses total sampling as the sampling technique. The researcher takes 34 students of X TPM 2. The data instrument of this study is students’ test result. In this study, the researcher used 3 types of analyzed data based on Miles and Huberman theory. The researcher analyzed the errors made by the students use the theory of Corder (1973). The result showed that The tenth graders’ of SMK 1 Antartika Sidoarjo still made error in writing descriptive text in four kinds of error based on Corder (1973) theory, which are omission, addition, selection, and ordering. The students made error in omission 67 times or 30% of total error, 21 times or 10% made error in addition, 103 times or 47% made error in selection, and 30 times or 13% made error in ordering. The most error the students made is selection error. It means that the students still do not know how to use correct word that is appropriated with the context. The student still translate Indonesia into English directly without considering the context.
- Wahyu Taufiq et al, "Word Webbing as an Effectife Technique to Teach Descriptive Writing," International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development, vol. 8, 2006.
- A. Hasani, Ihwal Menulis, Banten: Untirta Press, 2005.
- Batko, When Bad Grammar Happens to Good People: How to Avoid Common Errors in English, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey: Career Press, 2004.
- H. D. Brown, Teaching by Principle and Interactive Approach to Language Pendagogy, Nyew York: Longman Inc, 2001.
- W. M. Rivers, Teaching Foreign-Language Skill (Econd Edition), Chicago and London: The University of Chicago Press, 1981.
- J. Harmer, How to Teach Writing, New York: Longman, 2004.
- Corbett, The Little Rhetoric and Handbook with Reading, Illinois: Scott, Foresman & Co, 1983.
- G. Tompkins, Teaching Writinf, Balancing Process and Product, McMilan: College Publishing Company, 1994.
- M. Friedman, Buku Ajar Keperawatan keluarga : Riset, Teori, dan Praktek, Edisi ke-5, Jakarta: EGC, 2010.
- S. N. Wahyuni, W. Taufiq, D. R. Santoso and K. S. Mat, "Word Webbing as an Effective Technique to Teach," International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education & Development, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 286-297, 2019.
- J. C. Richard and W. A. Renandya, Methodology in LAnguage Teaching: An Anthology of Current Practice, Cambridge: Cambridge University, 2002.
- Corder, Error Analysis and Interlanguage, Oxford: Oxford University, 1973.
- A. Sudjono, Pengantar Statistik pendidikan, Jakarta: Rineka Cipta, 2010.