Youth Positive Capacity Training 5c (Competence, Confidence, Connection, Character, Caring) for Malang Regency Teachers Pelatihan Kapasitas Diri Positif Remaja 5c (Competence, Confidence, Connection, Character, Caring) Bagi Guru Kabupaten Malang
- Positive Youth Development,
- Youth Positive Self Capacity Training
Teachers in schools play an important role as companion students who are in the stage of adolescent development to be able to undergo their development period positively. Positive youth development can be done by providing them with good knowledge and abilities in managing their 5Cs (Competence, Confidence, Connection, Character, Caring). The understanding and ability of teachers in assisting students to direct student development in a positive manner is important because students are in school every day for eight hours. A total of 59 junior high school teachers in Malang Regency were given material on positive youth development. Pre and post-tests were given to measure changes in teacher efficacy in assisting the positive development of adolescents. As a result, there was an increase in the average score between the pre-test and post-test. Future studies can consider a longer time interval in providing pre-test and post-test activities.
- Arnett, J. J. (1999). Adolescent Storm and Stress, Reconsidered. American Psychologist, 54, 317-326.
- Badan Pusat Statistik Kota Blitar. (2020). Proyeksi Penduduk Kota Blitar Per Kelompok Umur 2010-2020. Retrieved from Badan Pusat Statistik Kota Blitar: https://blitarkota.bps.go.id/site/resultTab
- Bowers, E., Li, Y., Kiely, M., Brittian, A., Lerner, J., & Lerner, R. (2010). The Five Cs model of positive youth development: A longitudinal analysis of confirmatory factor structure and measurement invariance. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 720-735.
- Phelps, E., Zimmerman, S., Warren, A., Jelicic, H., Von Eye, A., & Lerner, R. (2009). The structure and developmental course of positive youth development (PYD) in early adolescent: Implications for theory and practice. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 571-584.
- surya.co.id. (2019, Desember 27). 15 Remaja Kota Blitar Ketangkap Basah Mabuk di Taman, Ada Juga yang Bermesraan. Retrieved from surya.co.id: https://surabaya.tribunnews.com/2019/12/27/15-remaja-kota-blitar-ketangkap-basah-mabuk-di-taman-ada-juga-yang-bermesraan
- Taylor, R. D., Oberle, E., Durlak, J. A., & Weissberg, R. P. (2017). Promoting positive youth development through school‐based social and emotional learning interventions: A meta‐analysis of follow‐up effects. Child Development, 88(4), 1156-1171.
- Weissberg, R. P., & O’Brien, M. U. (2004). What works in school-based social and emotional learning programs for positive youth development. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 591(1), 86-97.