The Dynamics of Marriage Commitment to a Husband whose Wife Becomes TKW in Indramayu Regency Dinamika Komitmen Pernikahan Pada Suami yang Istrinya Menjadi TKW di Kabupaten Indramayu
The purpose of this qualitative research is to determine the dynamics of commitment to husbands whose wives become TKW in communities in Indramayu Regency. Researchers want to know what factors influence respondents to maintain their marriage to this day. Respondents in this study were two husbands who have the status of playing multiple roles in daily life, as husband as well as wife. Both respondents have been left by their wives to work as TKW for two times in a period of 4-5 years. The design in this study uses a case study approach. Researchers conducted in-depth interviews and observations to collect data. The method used for data analysis in this study uses coding to show an overview of the topics studied and thematically analyzed in order to produce a list of themes, theme models or complex indicators. From the results of this study it is known that two respondents have commitment, principles in marriage, self-control, and have future plans for a long-term marriage. The factors affecting the marriage commitment of the two respondents consisted of trust between spouses, family support, tawakal, and interrelationships between partners.
- Dariyo, A. (2004). Psikologi Perkembangan Dewasa Muda. Jakarta: Grasindo.
- Jamil, A & Fakhruddin. (2015). Isu dan Realitas di Balik Tingginya Angka Cerai-Gugat di Indramayu. HARMONI. Vol. 14 (2): 138-159.
- Koentjaningrat. Kebudayaan Jawa. Jakarta: PN Balai Pustaka.
- Munady. (2015). Angka Perceraian di Indonesia Sangat Fantastis. Pikiran Rakyat. Diakses pada tanggal 14 Maret 2017 di website: http://www.pikiran-rakyat.com/nasional/2015/12/22/354484/angka-perceraian-di-indonesia-sangat-fantastis
- Rusbult, C.E. (1983). A Longitudinal Test of the Investment Model: The Development (and Deterioration) of Satisfaction and Commitment in Heterosexual Involvements. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Vol. 45(1), hal. 101-117.
- Rusbult, C.E., Johnson, D.J., Morrow, G.D. (1986). Predicting Satisfaction and Commitment in Adult Romantic Involveents: An assessment of the Generalizatibility of the Invesment Model. Social Psychology Quarterly. Vol. 49(1), hal. 81-89.
- Rusbult, C.E., Martz, J.M., Agnew, C.R. (1998). The Investment Model Scale: Measuring commitment level, satisvaction level, quality of alternative, and investment size. Personal Relationship. Vol. 5, hal. 357-391.
- Santrock, J.W. (2011). Life Span Development. Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga.