Distance Learning (PJJ) For Elementary School Teachers: Challenges and Wisdom Pembelajaran Jarak Jauh (PJJ) Bagi Guru Sekolah Dasar: Tantangan dan Hikmah
- Distance Learning,
- Elementary School Teachers,
- Covid-19 Pandemic,
- Qualitative Research
The conditions of the Covid-19 pandemic require changes in the learning system to be carried out at all levels of education. Learning was initially carried out face-to-face in class, replaced by online learning. These changes require teachers to adapt the learning they have compiled with the online learning system. The purpose of this study was to understand the experiences of teachers in distance learning (PJJ) during the pandemic. This study involved elementary school teachers who used online learning methods during the pandemic. This type of research is a phenomenological qualitative method. Data were collected through semi-structured interviews on three elementary school teachers obtained through purposive-sampling technique. The credibility of the data in this study was achieved by triangulating the data collection methods using interviews and observations. This research reveals that distance learning activities during the pandemic are carried out using learning applications such as zoom, whatsapp, youtube. The teacher also conducts a home visit to see the progress of the students' learning while at home. In delivering learning materials, the teacher compiles learning designs, makes video-making scenarios as learning material. The lesson from this PJJ is that teachers get opportunities to be creative and innovative in designing learning activities, by arranging interesting lessons, in order to increase children's independence in learning during a pandemic. However, in learning activities, teachers face obstacles such as teachers not getting a quota subsidy for doing PJJ, complaints of parents who have difficulty in assisting children's learning, and student saturation in the learning process without face to face directly. As a result, the learning target could not be achieved 100 percent as planned. To achieve learning targets, it is necessary to cooperate with all parties to achieve optimal learning.
- Aina, M. (2016). Pengembangan Multimedia Interaktif Menggunakan Camtasia Studio 8 Pada Pembelajaran Biologi Materi Kultur Jaringan Untuk Siswa SMA Kelas XI MIA.Biodik,2(1).
- Dewi, Fatma. W. A. ( 2020). Dampak Covid-19 Terhadap Implementasi Pembelajaran Daring Di Sekolah Dasar.Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan. 2(1), 55-61
- Djamarah, S. B., & Zain, A. (2006). Strategi belajar mengajar. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Enriquez, M. A. S. (2014). Students ’ Perceptions on the Effectiveness of the Use of Edmodo as a Supplementary Tool for Learning. DLSU ResearchCongress
- Susanto, F.A. (2017). Literatur revieuw metodologi pembelejaran ilmu pengetahuan sosial(IPS). Journal of Islamic Elementary School.1 (2). 105-114.
- Garrison, D. R., & Cleveland-Innes, M. (2005). in Online Learning : Interaction Is Not Enough.American Journal of Distance Education
- Gikas, J., & Grant, M. M. (2013). Mobile computing devices in higher education: Student perspectives on learning with cellphones, smartphones & social media. Internet and Higher Education
- Handarini, O. I. (2020). Pembelajaran Daring Sebagai Upaya Study From Home (SFH) Selama Pandemi Covid 19. Jurnal UNNESA,496-503
- Moore, J. L., Dickson-Deane, C., & Galyen, K. (2011). E-Learning, online learning, and distance learning environments: Are they the same? Internet and Higher Education
- Pane, A., & Dasopang, M. D. (2017). Belajar dan pembelajran. Fitrah Jurnal ilmu-ilmu keislaman, 333-352.
- Rosilawati, T. ( 2014 ) Supervisi Akademik Dalam Upaya Peningkatan Motivasi Guru Menyusun Perangkat Persiapan Pembelajaran. Jurnal Penelitian Tindakan Sekolah dan Kepengawasan, 1(2), 57-62
- Santrock, J. W. (2009). Psikologi pendidikan edisi 3. Jakarta Selatan: Salemba Humanika.
- Selvi, K. (2010). Motivating Factors in Online Courses. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), 819–824
- Sobron, A. N., & Bayu, R. (2019). Persepsi Siswa Dalam Studi Pengaruh Daring Learning Terhadap Minat Belajar Ipa.Scaffolding: Jurnal Pendidikan Islam dan Multikulturalisme,1(2), 30-38
- Sudjana, Nana, Penilain Hasil Proses Belajar Mengajar, Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya, 2009.
- Sun, S. Y. H. (2014). Learner perspectives on fully online language learning. Distance Education
- Swan, K. (2002). Building Learning Communities in Online Courses: the importance of interaction.Education,Communication & Information.
- Uno, H., & Mohamad, N. (2011). Belajar dengan pendekatan pailkem. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
- Wicaksono, V. D., & Rachmadyanti, P. (2016). Pembelajaran Blended Learning melalui Google Classroom di Sekolah Dasar. Seminar Nasional Pendidikan PGSD UMS & HDPGSDI Wilayah Timur.
- Zhang, D., Zhao, J. L., Zhou, L., & Nunamaker, J. F. (2004). Can e-learning replace classroom learning? Communications of the ACM.