- EFL Learners
Copyright (c) 2018 Wahyu Taufiq
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In Indonesia, English is considered as a foreign language, the same like other countries’ languages such as Spanish, German and Japanese languages. However, English is still treated as the most widely used foreign language in this country. There are many educational administrative and academic portions which use English as one of their requirements. Some examples on the use of English as part of the compulsory process are the existence of the Schools National examination, University enrollment test, Scholarships test and job placement test. All of those tools require English as part of their materials.Speaking about English particularly, we will emerge into a classical issue about one part of English which is considered important but tricky to learn. It is the grammar.
- Azar, Betty Schrampfer. 2002. Understanding and Using English Grammar. Third Edition. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Berube, Margerie S. 1985. The American Heritage Dictionary. 2nd college ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Celce-Murcia, Marianne. 1999. The Grammar Book: An ESL/EFL teacher’scourse, 2nd Ed. Boston: Heinle & Heinle.
- Frank, Marcella. 1972. Modern English: a practical reference guide. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Fromkin dan Rodman. 1983. An Introduction to Language. Third edition. Sidney: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 125
- Harman, Susan Emolyn. 1950. Descriptive English Grammar. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Hewings, Martin. 1999. Advanced Grammar in Use. England: Cambridge University Press.
- Hopper, Vincent F. 1990. A Pocket Guide to Correct Grammar. 2nd ed. Revised by Benjamin W. Griffith. New York: Barron’s Educational Series, Inc.
- Longacre, Robert E. 1983. The Grammar of Discourse. New York: Plenum Press.
- Murphy, Raymond. 1995. English Grammar in Use. Great Britain: Cambridge University Press.
- Neufeldt, Victoria. & David Bernard Guralnik. Eds. 1988. Webster’s New World Dictionary of American English. New York: Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- O’Grady, William dan Guzman. 1996. Contemporary Linguistics: An Introduction. United Kingdom: Longman.
- Quirk, Randolph, Sidney Greenbaum, Geoffrey Leech, & Jan Svartvik. 1985. A Comprehensive Grammar of The English Language. New York: Longman Inc. 126
- Quirk, Randolph. & Sidney Greenbaum. 1977. A University Grammar of English. London: Longman Group Ltd.
- Sinclair, John, ed. 1995. English Usage. London: Harper Collins Publishers Ltd.
- Swan, Michael. 1996. Practical English Usage. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Zandvoort, Reinard Willem. 1976. A Handbook of English Grammar. 7th ed. London: Longman Group Ltd.