Peer Counselor Training for Prevention and Curation of Bullying Behavior among Adolescents Pelatihan Konselor Sebaya untuk Prevensi dan Kurasi Perilaku Bullying di Kalangan Remaja
- Peer Counselor Training
The prevalence of bullying among adolescents is getting higher these days. This behavior arises because of a lack of literacy about bullying behavior and inappropriate attitudes towards bullying behavior itself. To reduce the prevalence of bullying among adolescents, it is necessary to hold interventions, both as a preventive and curative effort. This study aims to see how effective peer counselor training is as an effort to reduce the prevalence of bullying behavior in adolescents against changes in the level of knowledge and attitudes about bullying behavior. This study used a quantitative approach, involving 26 participants (male = 4, female = 22) aged 15 to 18 years. The peer counselor training activity itself consists of several methods including (1) Education and Training, (2) Display, (3) Roleplay, (4) Focus Group Discussion, (5) Field assignments, (6) Pre-test and post- test, and (7) Dissemination of knowledge and skills to other students. The data in this study were analyzed using the SPSS ver. 26 for Windows. Through this research, it is proven that peer counselor training can significantly increase knowledge and form a more negative attitude towards bullying behavior, seen from the two-tailed sig score p <0.05. The results of this study have the potential to be used as an effort to reduce the prevalence of youth bullying in Indonesia.
- Hurlock, E. B. (1990). Psikologi Perkembangan: Suatu Pendekatan Sepanjang Rentang Kehidupan. Jakarta : Erlangga.
- Jannatung, A. M. (2018). Faktor-Faktor Penyebab Terjadinya Bullying di SMAN 2 Barru. Makassar: Universitas Hasanuddin.
- Menesini, E., & Salmivalli, C. (2017). Bullying in Schools: The State of Knowledge and Effective Interventions. Psychology, Health, and Medicine, 240-253.
- Permatasari, S. D., & Rokhanawati, D. (2019). Hubungan Pengetahuan dengan Sikap terhadap Perilaku Bullying pada Siswa Kelas VIII di SMP Muhammadiyah 7 Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta: Universitas 'Aisyiyah .
- Pramoko, R. (2019). Pengaruh Penerimaan Diri Remaja Terhadap Perilaku Bullying pada Siswa Kelas VIII SMP Negeri 1 Turi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta.
- Riauskina, I. I., Djuwita, R., & Soesetio, S. R. (2005). "Gencet-Gencetan" di Mata Siswa/siswi Kelas 1 SMA: Naskah Kognitif tentang Arti, Skenario, dan Dampak "Gencet-gencetan". Jurnal Psikologi Sosial, 1-13.
- Santrock, J. W. (2002). Adolescence: Perkembangan Remaja (Edisi Keenam). Jakarta: Erlangga.
- Skyrms, B. (2014). Social Dynamics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Wang, J., Iannotti, R. J., & Luk, J. W. (2012). Patterns of Adolescent Bullying Behavior; Physical, Verbal, Exclusion, Rumor, and Cyber. Journal of School Psychology, 521-534.
- Wiyani, N. A. (2012). Save Our Children from School Bullying. Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media.
- Ziegler, F., & Mitchell, P. (2013). Fundamentals of Developmental Psychology. East Sussex: Psychology Press.