Steps to Respect Training: Kindergarten Teacher Competency Development Program to Prevent Student Bullying Behavior Pelatihan Steps to Respect: Program Pengembangan Kompetensi Guru TK untuk Mencegah Perilaku Bullying Siswa
- Kindergarten Teachers,
Nowadays bullying behavior is often raised by children in the process of daily social interactions, including interactions that occur at school. Teachers as a substitute for parents in schools have a significant role in dealing with student bullying behavior, both from the perspective of victims and perpetrators. This study is aimed at increasing the competence of kindergarten teachers to prevent student bullying behavior by increasing their knowledge and skills in handling cases of student bullying through training activities. This study used a quantitative approach, involving 26 participants who were kindergarten teachers. Training activities consist of several methods including (1) Education and training, (2) Roleplay, (3) Pre-test and post-test of knowledge and skills, and (4) Field assignments. The data in this study were processed using the SPSS ver. 26 for Windows. The results of the study showed that training was able to significantly improve the knowledge and skills of kindergarten teachers, as seen from the two-tailed sig value p <0.05. The results of this study have the potential to be used as an effort to optimize the competence of kindergarten teachers in preventing student bullying in Indonesia.
- Arumsari, A. D. (2017). Bullying pada Anak Usia Dini. Motoric.
- Arumsari, A. D., & Setyawan, D. (2018). Peran Guru dalam Pencegahan Bullying di PAUD. Motoric, 34-43.
- Burns, M. K. (2019). Introduction to School Psychology: Controversies and Current Practice. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Elmahera, D. (2018). Analisis Bullying pada Anak Usia Dini. Prosiding Seminar dan Diskusi Nasional Pendidikan Dasar. Jakarta.
- Jan, A., & Husain, S. (2015). Bullying in Elementary Schools: Its Causes and Effects on Students. Journal of Education and Practice, 43-56.
- Purnama, F., Herman, & Syamsuardi. (2018). Perilaku Bullying pada Anak di Taman Kanak-Kanak Aisyiyah Bustanul Athfal I Cabang Bara-Baraya Kota Makassar. Jurnal Publikasi Pendidikan, 41-45.
- Rejeki, S. (2016). Pendidikan Psikologi Anak "Anti Bullying" pada Guru-Guru PAUD. Dimas.
- Santrock, J. W. (2007). Educational Psychology. Toronto: Mc Graw-Hill Ryerson.
- Wiyani, N. A. (2012). Save Our Children from School Bullying. Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media.